On Sat, Jun 30, 2007 at 05:38:14PM +0200, Enrico Weigelt wrote: >I've just finished my standlone libixp package (forked from wmii). There's no need to 'fork' it from wmii, it's always been available standalone, the latest snapshot just happens to be distributed with wmii. >It's an completely standalone package with no deps (beside libc), >provides pkg-config descriptor and shared library. Include files >are installed in their own subdir ($INCLUDEDIR/9p-ixp). I really see no need to create a separate include directory. There are only 2 include files, ixp.h and ixp_fcall.h (the 3 new ones for the threading stubs don't count. There's really no need for them). I really don't see the need for pkg-config either. It's designed for libraries that are so insanely complex that you need helpers just to build or link against them: %pkg-config --cflags --libs gnome -DNEED_GNOMESUPPORT_H -I/usr/local/include/gnome-1.0 -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/lib/gnome-libs/include -I/usr/local/include/gtk12 -I/usr/local/include/glib12 -I/usr/X11R6/include -L/usr/local/lib -lgnome -lgnomesupport -lintl -lesd -laudiofile -lm -lglib-12 As for the shared object, I just don't see the point. If you provide it as a shared object, then people will use the shared object rather than statically linking it. I can't see any point in that. It's tiny, on purpose, and is meant to be statically linked. The only case where I see a point in a shared object is when it's used to interface with an interperater, and I'm not sure that justifies installing one by default. Lastly, you wrote a gmakefile. -- Kris Maglione In a hierarchical system, the rate of pay varies inversely with the unpleasantness and difficulty of the task.