On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 03:01:49PM +0000, Bilgehan.Balban@gmail.com wrote: >Do you think these advancements over unix were successful? Why do you think we're here? >- The idea of using files for networking, did this prove superior over >sockets? That's an understatement. >- Why was 8 1/2 abandoned? Is it because the graphics is much advanced >over bitmap operations? Does plan9 use Xorg now? I think at least the >idea of having a single private console sounds good. 8½ was not abandoned, it was succeeded by rio. They work on the same concepts, but rio is designed for the new draw device, and lets clients access it directly. Switching to Xorg would cause riots. >- Having private namespaces means maintaining a namespace *per- >process*. Would this not be more complicated than having a single one? You speak in the wrong tense. We do have private namespaces. They are different, but not more complicated. Perhaps you should experiment rather than asking these questions. -- Kris Maglione If you help a friend in need, he is sure to remember you - the next time he's in need.