* [9fans] latest iso: venti issues
@ 2007-09-26 15:21 John Soros
From: John Soros @ 2007-09-26 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi everyone!
I'm having a problem with the latest iso (sept. 26).
The issue is probably with venti. Here's the description:
After a fossil+venti installation, I boot up my terminal, and a venti archive snapshot is taken at once. (normal behaviour)
The unusual thing is that when it stops, the machine freezes. Though stats works fine, so I can see my cpu utilisation go down to minimal, i can't fshalt, or do anything.
Then, if I reboot my machine, the same thing happens: (probably) venti starts to archive (high CPU and hdd utilisation), then, if I let it finish, again, rio (or something) freezes, I can't fshalt, I can't run any command.

Many thanks to everyone contributing, plan9 is truly a beautiful os.

Cheers