On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 09:04:21AM -0500, erik quanstrom wrote: > could you send me the output of pci from > your plan 9 machine? it would also be helpful > if you could copy down the output of the e820 scan > and send that along. sata (ahci) should be supported > on your machine, i believe. Here's the pci -v log. How do I get you that e820 scan? > on a laptop, i don't think one would notice a difference in > transfer rate. the main advantages of sata are support for more > than 4 devices and support for more than 2 devices on non-shared > links and support for hot plugging. it is also easier to mix > pata & sata drives if the sata drives are treated as sata drives. Thx for the tip. Then if I can't get sata to work on plan9, maybe I'll modify my linux install so that it uses pata (so that I don't have to switch it in the bios everytime I switch of os). Mathieu. -- GPG key on subkeys.pgp.net: KeyID: | Fingerprint: 683DE5F3 | 4324 5818 39AA 9545 95C6 09AF B0A4 DFEA 683D E5F3 --