* [9fans] xen -> /net/ether0 missing
@ 2008-05-07 14:03 Enrico Weigelt
From: Enrico Weigelt @ 2008-05-07 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi folks,

I've tried installing Plan9 in Xen (followed several howto's),
but it doesn't seem to find the ethernet interface, so
/net/ether0 is missing.

What could be wrong ?

cu
	http://patches.metux.de/

* Re: [9fans] xen -> /net/ether0 missing
@ 2008-05-07 14:14 ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2008-05-07 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: weigelt, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs
  Cc: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 7:03 AM, Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@metux.de> wrote:

> What could be wrong ?

you're using Xen :-)

seriously .... I wrote the first port and I have not used xen for over
18 months. Move to KVM or lguest. Xen is just too painful for words.

ron

* Re: [9fans] xen -> /net/ether0 missing
@ 2008-05-07 17:50   ` Enrico Weigelt
From: Enrico Weigelt @ 2008-05-07 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

* ron minnich <rminnich@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 7:03 AM, Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@metux.de> wrote:
>

> > What could be wrong ?
>

> you're using Xen :-)
>
> seriously .... I wrote the first port and I have not used xen for over
> 18 months. Move to KVM or lguest. Xen is just too painful for words.

I've just tried kvm. No matter what OS I try, it always crashes
the whole machine :(

Xen at least works for Linux guests and can boot up Plan9
on my site.

cu
	http://patches.metux.de/