Dear List, I have been fiddling with the mail setup on my CPU server. This machine has to deliver all mail to my ISPs smtp so I set the rewrite script to rewrite.gateway. The ISPs smtp rejected my mail though because it expected a From: line different to my $user@$site or the default $fd set in remotemail. I added a 'From: "ckeen" ' line to /mail/box/ckeen/headers but this does not seem to have any effect. I thus added a names.remote file with 'ckeen Christian.Kellermann@nefkom.net' and changed remotemail with this diff: 14c15,19 < exec /bin/upas/smtp -h $fd $addr $sender $* --- > > remotename=`{/bin/upas/aliasmail $sender} > if ( test -n $remotename ) { sender = $remotename } > > exec /bin/upas/smtp -a -h $fd $addr $sender $* This does the work for me. Questions: - shouldn't the headers file work too? - how is this done right? Thanks for your opinions, Christian -- You may use my gpg key for replies: pub 1024D/47F79788 2005/02/02 Christian Kellermann (C-Keen)