* erik quanstrom [080708 17:40]: > > This machine has to deliver all mail to my ISPs smtp so I set the > > rewrite script to rewrite.gateway. The ISPs smtp rejected my mail > > though because it expected a From: line different to my $user@$site > > or the default $fd set in remotemail. I added a > > is the problem that you require that the smtp helo domain be different > from the envelope sender (the $address in the smtp "mail from > $address" line?) is this why you can't set $fd to something that won't > be rejected and still have your From: lines properly rewritten? > As far as I understood $fd just sets the domain, I need the user and the domain name to be different from my local settings though. > > 'From: "ckeen" ' > > > > line to /mail/box/ckeen/headers but this does not seem to have any > > effect. I thus added a names.remote file with > > > > 'ckeen Christian.Kellermann@nefkom.net' > > according to the man page, the standard place for this information > would be a file listed in /mail/lib/fromfiles, and alias mail should > be given the -f switch. (maybe there's a difference for gatways that > i'm missing?) I read the page as if the -f switch is for domain names only. Am I wrong? > > > - shouldn't the headers file work too? > > the envelope sender isn't the same as the rfc822 sender so > no, i don't think that should work. right, thanks. Kind regards, Christian -- You may use my gpg key for replies: pub 1024D/47F79788 2005/02/02 Christian Kellermann (C-Keen)