From: John Soros <sorosj@gmail.com>
To: 9fans@9fans.net
Subject: Re: [9fans] lguest port broken due to some change in last 6 months; any ideas?
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 13:25:02 +0200	[thread overview]

could you please clear out how this should work?
I have my own compiled kernel, with the following options:
# zcat /proc/config.gz | 9 grep -i '(lguest|virtio)'
CONFIG_LGUEST_GUEST=y
CONFIG_NET_9P_VIRTIO=m
CONFIG_VIRTIO_BLK=m
CONFIG_VIRTIO_NET=m
CONFIG_VIRTIO_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_LGUEST=m
CONFIG_VIRTIO=y
CONFIG_VIRTIO_RING=y
CONFIG_VIRTIO_PCI=m
CONFIG_VIRTIO_BALLOON=m

I run it in the following way:
modprobe lg syscall_vector=64
..../Documentation/lguest/lguest --tunnet 192.168.19.2 --block thx9.img 256 9lguestcpu.elf 'venti=#S/sd00/arenas;bootdisk=local!#S/sd00/fossil;bootargs=local!#S/sd00/fossil'

As I said, the kernel does boot, but fails at the network bits, i think. With kernel 9lguestcpu.elf it says:
#l0: lg: lguest: bad read address 0xc0012044 len 4

And with 9lguestcpu.2.6.25.elf:
#l0: lg: 1Segmentation fault

I think i got everything. I use the lguest i compiled in linux/Documentation/lguest, I use the 9lguestcpu.elf kernel from your contrib. is that all? I have an image that works. Also, i can't compile the kernel from 9vx, though i do use the lguest script to set up a proper namespace for it.
cd src/lguest25
mk
8a $AFLAGS plan9l.s
mk: no recipe to make 'il.8' in directory /usr/johnny/src/lguest/src/lguest25

So i guess i am doing something wrong?

Thanks

John