* [9fans] Sources vac scores?
@ 2009-01-07 19:14 Nathaniel W Filardo
From: Nathaniel W Filardo @ 2009-01-07 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Is the venti backing sources publically readable?  Perhaps equally
importantly, are the scores of sources dump published anywhere?

I ask because I'd like a local copy of the development history, and while I
am currently spidering sources' dump, that's going to take a long while and
venti/copy -f seems like it'd be a much better option (and nicer to Bell
Labs' bandwidth, at that). :)

Thanks.
--nwf;

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 204 bytes --]

* Re: [9fans] Sources vac scores?
@ 2009-01-08  1:37 ` geoff
From: geoff @ 2009-01-08  1:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

No, we don't publish venti scores; that would be very
poor security practice.

We'll soon be announcing a way to mirror sources with replica,
once we've shaken the procedure down.  We will then discourage
the existing mirroring schemes.

* Re: [9fans] Sources vac scores?
@ 2009-01-08  1:53   ` Nathaniel W Filardo
From: Nathaniel W Filardo @ 2009-01-08  1:53 UTC (permalink / raw)