On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 04:22:42PM -0500, Nathaniel W Filardo wrote: > > since 9fs never stopped working, why could you not just export (with > > httpd) from your machine a -C mount of sources? then the robots hammer > > you but since you're cached, you don't hammer sources? > > Sorry to rain on your parade as it were, but occasionally 9fs to sources > does, in fact, stop working. See my and others' posts to 9fans about > sources and especially sources' venti being down. Rereading my own mail, that sounded remarkably ungrateful and I apologize. I was intending only to suggest that true mirrors may be better than depending on sources' continuous uptime (and introducing additional services that break if sources goes down, even for scheduled maintainence). Thanks again to the labs for all their work for supporting the community. --nwf;