* [9fans] Nupas truncated e-mail
@ 2009-03-11 16:41 Martin Neubauer
From: Martin Neubauer @ 2009-03-11 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,

A few months ago I made the switch to nupas and generally I'm very
satisfied with it.  Sometimes, however, attachments don't get
recognised properly.  My first thought was that the mailer was doing
some nonstandard stuff, but some preliminary diagnostics brought some
even more surprising results:

% cat /mail/fs/mbox/99/unixdatesec
1236524327.00
% ls -l /mail/box/mn/mbox/1236524327.00
--r-------- M 226874 mn mn 352001 Mar  9 15:33 /mail/box/mn/mbox/1236524327.00
% cmp /mail/box/mn/mbox/1236524327.00 /mail/fs/mbox/99/rawunix
EOF on /mail/fs/mbox/99/rawunix after 335937 bytes

I probably won't have much time dig much deeper until the weekend, but
if anyone knows what's going on or could give a hint where to look
first, any input is appreciated.

The old upas didn't show that behaviour.

Regards,
	Martin

PS: I realise, the actual e-mail in question could be helpful.
However, in this case some pretty personal data is involved and quite
a few people would be less than amused if I was to share this with the
whole interwebs.

* Re: [9fans] Nupas truncated e-mail
@ 2009-03-11 17:27 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2009-03-11 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Wed Mar 11 12:44:02 EDT 2009, m.ne@gmx.net wrote:

> % cat /mail/fs/mbox/99/unixdatesec
> 1236524327.00
> % ls -l /mail/box/mn/mbox/1236524327.00
> --r-------- M 226874 mn mn 352001 Mar  9 15:33 /mail/box/mn/mbox/1236524327.00
> % cmp /mail/box/mn/mbox/1236524327.00 /mail/fs/mbox/99/rawunix
> EOF on /mail/fs/mbox/99/rawunix after 335937 bytes

are you running the latest version of nupas?  this looks
like a bug that has been fixed, but it may have popped up
in a different form.

if you are using the latest and still have trouble,
contact me offline so we can debug the problem.

- erik