On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 08:49:50PM -0500, Jeff Sickel wrote: > I've just built out a new Plan 9 cpu/auth server and noticed that others > are able to write to the logs. Is this intentional or just an > oversight? It is intentional, AFAIK. An alternative for the paranoid perhaps would be to make an additional fs (in fossil) containing the log files. This fs could be set to accept only the hostowner's credentials for attach requests. The hostowner, meanwhile, when constructing namespaces, could bind the right file(s) into the log directory. I haven't thought it through in more detail than that, but if I were to engineer a replacement, that's how I'd start. HTH. --nwf;