On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 02:03:35PM +0200, Patrick Kristiansen wrote: > I'm thinking of writing a NAT implementation for plan 9. I would suggest instead that it might be easier to write an adaptor program for non-Plan 9 hosts which made their network stacks talk to a /net. That is, you'd want a program which spoke TAP/TUN out one end to the host kernel and out the other dialed and imported /net from the Plan 9 gateway. AFAIK TAP/TUN-like things exist on most OSes, and there's good example code in OpenVPN (for example). The program would have to know enough about the on-the-wire representation of TCP/IP and UDP/IP to do connection tracking etc. (much like NAT, I suppose) but the advantage is that it wouldn't impact the Plan 9 kernel. --nwf; P.S. This idea shamelessly stolen from vsrinivas, but he's mailing-list shy.