From: Sam Watkins <sam@nipl.net>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] Per Application Name Space
Date: Wed,  2 Dec 2009 14:18:48 +1100	[thread overview]

hi Jun,

It looks interesting.  Is there a windoze version under development?  I suppose
there are suitable VM systems that run on windoze.  Of course your potential
user-base grows if you support windoze!  The VM could still run Debian or some
other OS of course.

Your page says it's safe to run an application even if it has viruses, but I
think that is not right.  A virus with network access may start sending spam
email, committing cyber-crime (DDOS for example) or attacking the host computer
or other hosts on your LAN.  Your virtualization may protect your computer
somewhat, but it's still not safe to run an application with viruses.  It would
be more safe if networking is disabled for the VM.

I don't know of a forum for discussing custom distributions in general.  I also
need such a forum, as I need to make a custom distro myself in the next few
weeks.

Sam