* [9fans] Coraid funded
@ 2010-01-31  0:40 Brantley Coile
                   ` (6 more replies)
From: Brantley Coile @ 2010-01-31  0:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I just want to share with the list that we have announced that Coraid, the largest distributor of Plan 9 systems in the world, has accepted some serious venture funding.  See the link below for a short interview with our new CEO.  Kevin and I hit it off right away.  Our use of Plan 9 was fully blessed by one of our advisors.  As we grow we will continue to do a lot to help the Plan 9 community, not to mention revolutionize storage area networking.

http://brainstormtech.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2010/01/25/startup-with-all-star-backers-aims-to-disrupt-storage-market/

Brantley Coile

Oh, and by the way, we need more people.  Send resumes please.  Any of you google guys board with a huge company yet? :)

* Re: [9fans] Coraid funded
@ 2010-01-31  1:10 ` Tim Newsham
                   ` (5 subsequent siblings)
From: Tim Newsham @ 2010-01-31  1:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> Oh, and by the way, we need more people.  Send resumes please.  Any of
> you google guys board with a huge company yet? :)

Congratulations!  I'm somewhat interested in what you guys are doing,
but also on the opposite side of the country and unable to relocate.
Do you guys ever farm out work or hire off-site?

I've also been busy working on my own thing.... using 9p to
allow sharing of resources between some of the commodity operating
systems.  For proof-of-concept I've done audio sharing between
windows, android and linux. It's all prototype stuff at the
moment but I'm working on putting some polish on it. I'm more
of a technical person than a business person and have been trying
to learn more about next steps.  If you have any great advice for
tech people working on a software startup, I'd love to hear some.

Tim Newsham | www.thenewsh.com/~newsham | thenewsh.blogspot.com

* Re: [9fans] Coraid funded
@ 2010-01-31  1:14 ` erik quanstrom
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: erik quanstrom @ 2010-01-31  1:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Oh, and by the way, we need more people.  Send resumes please.  Any of you google guys board with a huge company yet? :)

email hiring@coraid.com

- erik

* Re: [9fans] Coraid funded
@ 2010-01-31  1:26 ` Eric Van Hensbergen
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Eric Van Hensbergen @ 2010-01-31  1:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Congrats Brantley - this is great news!

     -Eric

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 30, 2010, at 6:40 PM, Brantley Coile <brantley@coraid.com> wrote:

> I just want to share with the list that we have announced that
> Coraid, the largest distributor of Plan 9 systems in the world, has
> accepted some serious venture funding.  See the link below for a
> short interview with our new CEO.  Kevin and I hit it off right
> away.  Our use of Plan 9 was fully blessed by one of our advisors.
> As we grow we will continue to do a lot to help the Plan 9
> community, not to mention revolutionize storage area networking.
>
> http://brainstormtech.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2010/01/25/startup-with-all-star-backers-aims-to-disrupt-storage-market/
>
> Brantley Coile
>
> Oh, and by the way, we need more people.  Send resumes please.  Any
> of you google guys board with a huge company yet? :)

* Re: [9fans] Coraid funded
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2010-01-31  1:37 ` Don Bailey
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Don Bailey @ 2010-01-31  1:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Wow, that is really awesome. Congrats, indeed!

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 5:40 PM, Brantley Coile <brantley@coraid.com> wrote:

> I just want to share with the list that we have announced that Coraid, the
> largest distributor of Plan 9 systems in the world, has accepted some
> serious venture funding.  See the link below for a short interview with our
> new CEO.  Kevin and I hit it off right away.  Our use of Plan 9 was fully
> blessed by one of our advisors.  As we grow we will continue to do a lot to
> help the Plan 9 community, not to mention revolutionize storage area
> networking.
>

> http://brainstormtech.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2010/01/25/startup-with-all-star-backers-aims-to-disrupt-storage-market/
>
> Brantley Coile
>
> Oh, and by the way, we need more people.  Send resumes please.  Any of you
> google guys board with a huge company yet? :)

* Re: [9fans] Coraid funded
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2010-01-31  1:53 ` Nick LaForge
From: Nick LaForge @ 2010-01-31  1:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Congratulations on this exciting news!

-- A 9fan grateful for the public benefit already generated from
Coraid's technology and code.

* Re: [9fans] Coraid funded
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2010-01-31  2:37 ` Matt Adams
From: Matt Adams @ 2010-01-31  2:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

To the Coraid team:

Congrats on your recent funding - your efforts to improve and enhance
Plan 9 are obvious throughout the community.

Cheers,

Matt

* Re: [9fans] Coraid funded
@ 2010-01-31  3:16   ` Tim Newsham
From: Tim Newsham @ 2010-01-31  3:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

oops, that wasnt supposed to go to 9fans.. sorry guys.

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010, Tim Newsham wrote:
>> Oh, and by the way, we need more people.  Send resumes please.  Any of you
>> google guys board with a huge company yet? :)
>
> Congratulations!  I'm somewhat interested in what you guys are doing,

Tim Newsham | www.thenewsh.com/~newsham | thenewsh.blogspot.com

* Re: [9fans] Coraid funded
                   ` (5 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2010-01-31 10:05 ` John Stalker
From: John Stalker @ 2010-01-31 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> I just want to share with the list that we have announced that Coraid,
> the largest distributor of Plan 9 systems in the world, has accepted
> some serious venture funding.  See the link below for a short interview
> with our new CEO.  Kevin and I hit it off right away.  Our use of Plan 9
> was fully blessed by one of our advisors.  As we grow we will continue
> to do a lot to help the Plan 9 community, not to mention revolutionize
> storage area networking.

That's certainly good news.
--
John Stalker