On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 06:52:02PM -0600, EBo wrote: > > > i vote for putting the binaries in /$objtype/bin or /$objtype/bin/tex. > > in the latter case, it would be tex/tex or tex/mf. > > I'm a total plan9 newbie, but I hate polluting / with every single > application. I do prefer to have all apps in a single package directory > /$some_dir/$objtype/bin where $some_dir is /opt, /pkg, /contrib, etc. I do > not know if this would fit in well with the plan9 way though... > You wouldn't be `polluting' / with every single application. Binaries would either go in $user/bin and would be then be bind-ed to /bin, or binaries would just go in /$objtype/bin. No `pollution' here. -- I am a man who does not exist for others.