On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 06:21:54PM -0700, Corey wrote: > Are the core Plan 9 design concepts in fact ineffective or unsuitable for > building a general purpose computing environment? > > I find that very hard to believe - but there's over 15 years of evidence > which seems to imply just that. There's fifteen years of evidence of people *not* applying the core Plan 9 concepts to anything. Not applying a concept isn't proof it's ``ineffective'' or ``unsuitable''. > > No one's willing to spearhead a "General Purpose 9" experiment, and no > one's interested in collaborating on and contributing to such a project? It would seem not. We're happy here, where things are sane. > > "If you want [general purpose], you know where to get it." seems to > be the period that ends all such discussion. > -- I am a man who does not exist for others.