* [9fans] TeX: TRIP/TRAP passed so almost here
@ 2010-04-09 11:05 tlaronde
From: tlaronde @ 2010-04-09 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello,

Just for the ones wondering what the status of the work on TeX is:
METAFONT and TeX pass the (resp.) TRAP, TRIP test---this means not only
mf and tex in diverse incarnations, but also a bunch of auxiliary tools.

I have 4 more auxiliary to add and I will publish the first
release---without dvips(1) at the moment (I'm on) and MetaPOST (will be
next).

This early release will allow people to verify that once they have a
set of
macros (say: LaTeX), they just "dump" a format, put in where TeX looks
(can be set by environment variable), and "cp virtex latex", so that the
program knows the dump to load by looking at argv[0].

Cu soon,
                      http://www.kergis.com/

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-04-09 11:05 UTC | newest]