From: Bakul Shah <bakul@bitblocks.com>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] An acme question
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 00:06:47 -0700	[thread overview]

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 21:39:38 -0000 smiley@zenzebra.mv.com  wrote:

> If I were filling out an Acme wishlist, I would like to see triple and
> quadruple clicks select larger chunks of text.  Being able to do
> something like click-click-click-click to "Select All" (in those apps
> that support it) is frequently very useful.

Not a wishlist; just an experiment for some s-expr support.
But need some experience with it to see if it'll be any good.

There are other choices beyond your click^N wish. For instance
the selection size can grow as a function of how long you keep
a mouse button pressed. Or you can make it a function of how
far you drag -- the UPS debugger makes scrolling speed a
function of drag distance.  Very nice!  But until you
implement it and try it out, you won't know if it is any good
or how it will interact with other UI features. Or if there is
a better idea.