From: tlaronde@polynum.com
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: [9fans] PostScript rendering on Plan9
Date: Tue,  6 Mar 2012 09:24:50 +0100	[thread overview]

Hello,

Just for my information, on what version of, I think, Ghostscript, Plan9
PostScript rendering is based?

Because, under Plan9, the rendering for example of the AMS-TeX
guide (the package AMS-TeX for kerTeX has been added) is absolutely
beautiful, while the same thing rendered on an Unix with a "modern"
version of gv(1) is not that thrilling (glyphes not "bold" enough
to my taste; they look meagre, mean), while the fonts used are all
included by kertex/dvips(1) from precisely the T1 flavor.

Has something special be done on Plan9 about gs? Or is simply the rio
support for font better---or the rasterizing routines better?

Or perhaps this is simply because it is an "old" gs(1) without modern
"improvements"...

And to simply page the file and see it rendered is an advertising for
Plan9!

                      http://www.kergis.com/