On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 02:31:44AM -0400, Terry Wendt wrote: > > I copied the plan9.iso over to the plan9 partition, and even copied > all the files and directories as well. The plan9 partition is not an uniq filesystem but a slice of the disk allocated to plan9 and organized in several sub-partitions, with the first one being a fat partition. It is unlikely, a priori, that simply "copying" a plan iso to "the" plan9 partition will give the plan9 install any data it can access. I attach to the message a "howto" I wrote when I had to install Plan9 on a host with no CD drive. It is not to be used mandatorily if your CD/DVD works, but it will give you clues about the organization of the plan9 slice. HTH, -- Thierry Laronde http://www.kergis.com/ Key fingerprint = 0FF7 E906 FBAF FE95 FD89 250D 52B1 AE95 6006 F40C