erik quanstrom wrote: |> > cifs is Windows, i think. |> > If this is the case, then you may run into the issue of implicit |> > filenames. Search «aux tale», or browse |> > . | |as entertaining as this is, is isn't true for dos. there |are no device files on dos in *any* directory. they |are a fiction of the executive. now the effect may |be the same if you're using command.com, but |explorer should be able to deal with that file name. Oh, sorry, my last Windows was 95B... I still have this old Cyrix around, but .. it's been a long time. Likely you are right -- but i guess Gunnar Ritter is just trying to make it what he thinks is a "haptic experience" for Windows users. |- erik --steffen