From: Szymon Olewniczak <szymon.olewniczak@rid.pl>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] Multi monitor setup
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 20:45:33 +0100	[thread overview]

> > Ok, I understeand. So, maybe it's a good idea as a gsoc proposal. Do you
> > think that it will be hard to implement this features in nvidia cards, using
> > nouveau project as a reference?
>
> yes, it would be quite tedious.  the line between tedious and difficult depends
> on how much you can keep in your head at one time.  this is grand master
> level tedium.
But is there any less tedious way of adding multi monitor setup to
plan9? Maybe it will be exciting for someone who has never had any
expirience with vga drivers development(at least at the begining.). Can
you recommend some materials that can allow me start with vga drivers
development in general and specifically to plan9 (other than source codes)?
Maybe some of you can tell me more about that?

I've decided to look at plan9 becouse after a rough estimation of
existing OS I find it best designed and most interesting. I don't know
much about OS implementation but I think that this community can be the
perfect place to start. I will certainly ask a lot of stupid questions
at the beginnig but eventually you can bring up a new generation of
developers :). Would you like to help me or the project doesn't need
such persons like me?

BR,
Szymon