* [9fans] plan 9 on github
@ 2014-12-07 16:41 David du Colombier
From: David du Colombier @ 2014-12-07 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I've recently converted my archives of /n/sources/plan9
to Git and uploaded the repository on GitHub.

https://github.com/0intro/plan9

It contains the entire history of /n/sources/plan9,
one commit per day, from December 12, 2002 to today,
excluding the binaries and empty directories.

I tried to make it as accurate as possible with the
exact content, dates and permissions.

Please let me know if you notice any mistake.

I think this repository could be used as a reference
for people interested in the history of Plan 9 or
wanting to use it as a basis for their own changes.

It could also be useful for people wanting to merge
Plan 9 code in their projects like plan9port, vx32,
drawterm and others.

Have fun.

--
David du Colombier

* Re: [9fans] plan 9 on github
@ 2014-12-08 11:24 ` Steffen Nurpmeso
From: Steffen Nurpmeso @ 2014-12-08 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

David du Colombier <0intro@gmail.com> wrote:
 |I've recently converted my archives of /n/sources/plan9
 |to Git and uploaded the repository on GitHub.
 |
 |https://github.com/0intro/plan9

Thank you.

 |It contains the entire history of /n/sources/plan9,
 |one commit per day, from December 12, 2002 to today,
 |excluding the binaries and empty directories.

You could have used --aggressive garbage collection, it reduces
the package to exactly 100MB.

 |I tried to make it as accurate as possible with the
 |exact content, dates and permissions.

 |Please let me know if you notice any mistake.
 |
 |I think this repository could be used as a reference
 |for people interested in the history of Plan 9 or
 |wanting to use it as a basis for their own changes.
 |
 |It could also be useful for people wanting to merge
 |Plan 9 code in their projects like plan9port, vx32,
 |drawterm and others.
 |
 |Have fun.

I now have three incarnations of the codebase in my arena, that
gives a lot of precious code for rotting.

--steffen

* Re: [9fans] plan 9 on github
@ 2014-12-08 19:52   ` David du Colombier
From: David du Colombier @ 2014-12-08 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> You could have used --aggressive garbage collection,
> it reduces the package to exactly 100MB.

Yes. Unfortunately, this is too late for the GitHub
repository now. On the other side, it would be only
10 MB smaller.

--
David du Colombier

* Re: [9fans] plan 9 on github
@ 2014-12-08 20:30     ` yoann padioleau
From: yoann padioleau @ 2014-12-08 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

This is great! Thx!

I had a few bug reports on the kernel that I think
never got included in the mainline plan9. Should I make pull requests? Is there anyway this github repo could be synchronized with the main plan9-labs repo?

On Dec 8, 2014, at 11:52 AM, David du Colombier <0intro@gmail.com> wrote:

>> You could have used --aggressive garbage collection,
>> it reduces the package to exactly 100MB.
>
> Yes. Unfortunately, this is too late for the GitHub
> repository now. On the other side, it would be only
> 10 MB smaller.
>
> --
> David du Colombier

* Re: [9fans] plan 9 on github
@ 2014-12-08 20:54       ` David du Colombier
From: David du Colombier @ 2014-12-08 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> I had a few bug reports on the kernel that I think
> never got included in the mainline plan9.
> Should I make pull requests?

I think I could create a fork repository for
contributions.

> Is there anyway this github repo could be synchronized with
> the main plan9-labs repo?

I have all the scripts to keep it synchronized (like
it's already the case for https://hg.9grid.fr/plan9),
but I doubt there will be any new changes from the lab
at this point.

--
David du Colombier