* [9fans] bad character set for rune...
@ 2016-02-10 21:40 tlaronde
From: tlaronde @ 2016-02-10 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello,

I'm on the way to install Plan9 on a new node.

Since with the CDROM or the (different flavors of) USB images, it
doesn't work, I'm "bootstrapping" by hand.

I have made, from an external OS (NetBSD), a plan9 partition with the
initial 9fat configured and populated in order to be able to boot boot.

Since, so far, I have been unable to convince the 9pccd kernel to read
an iso file of the root file system put whether in the 9fat or in plan9
partition in a "fs" subpartition, I'm now serving a root filesystem
via 9P2000, from another node.

Well, it works, but when launching the installation (I have copied the
various scripts so that they are in the served /), I have the message,
continuously repeated:

bad character set for rune 0x0000 in /lib/font/bit/lucm/unicode.9.font

since it is the font loaded for rio. (The rio windows are blank, the
message is on the "console".)

Has anybody any clue about what is causing this? Can a program needed to
read/decompress/whatever the font be missing (I have tried to put on the
root only what is needed)? If yes, what is this program?

TIA

                     http://www.kergis.com/
                     http://www.arts-po.fr/

* Re: [9fans] bad character set for rune...
@ 2016-02-10 22:00 ` tlaronde
From: tlaronde @ 2016-02-10 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 10:40:21PM +0100, tlaronde@polynum.com wrote:

> Well, it works, but when launching the installation (I have copied the
> various scripts so that they are in the served /), I have the message,
> continuously repeated:
>
> bad character set for rune 0x0000 in /lib/font/bit/lucm/unicode.9.font
>
> since it is the font loaded for rio. (The rio windows are blank, the
> message is on the "console".)

Replying to myself: because I had copied the unicode.9.font but not the
other components (files) or subfonts (? Is this the correct term).

Once done, it works...
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                     http://www.arts-po.fr/