* [9fans] Distros
@ 2016-09-11 16:40 Benjamin Huntsman
From: Benjamin Huntsman @ 2016-09-11 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi!

   Since a similar line of conversation came up recently, I thought I'd ask...

   Maybe this was just my perception, but I remember that years ago, there seemed to be a pretty strong aversion to forking the official distribution from Bell Labs.  These days I'm not certain where the majority of the activity occurs, and which of the forks is the most "official", or at least "mainstream"...

   What would be the best place to start in, looking for the most current/widely-used distribution with amd64 support?  9front?  9atom?  Other?

As always, many thanks!

-Ben