* [9fans] exporting namespace
@ 2008-11-03 10:14 lupin636
From: lupin636 @ 2008-11-03 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi All,
I'm trying to export a namespace from my file server (that is a
namespace's bootes) to my terminal (logging as a client), i tried to
do:
servname% exportfs -a -r /tmp  (from file server)
but i have this error:
exportfs: auth_proxy: auth_proxy write fd: inappropriate use of fd
before doing this, i opened the listeners by doing:
aux/listen tcp

Into the fileserver, i can mount/bind namespace from bootes to other
users, but that namespace i can't export it towards the terminal.
Furthermore,from fileserver, i tried to export a namespace by doing:
srvfs -d spy /tmp
so it display the issue only on it;  from terminal i can import
services from filesever by doing:
import -a servername '#s' /username/tmp
but i can't see /srv/spy, i see all other things but not the last
created.
how can i do it?o where did i wrong?
thanks in advance for your replays,
bye,
Armando.

* Re: [9fans] exporting namespace
@ 2008-11-03 12:45 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2008-11-03 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> m trying to export a namespace from my file server (that is a
> namespace's bootes) to my terminal (logging as a client), i tried to
> do:
> servname% exportfs -a -r /tmp  (from file server)
> but i have this error:
> exportfs: auth_proxy: auth_proxy write fd: inappropriate use of fd
> before doing this, i opened the listeners by doing:
> aux/listen tcp

why not use cpu to do this?

> Furthermore,from fileserver, i tried to export a namespace by doing:
> srvfs -d spy /tmp
> so it display the issue only on it;  from terminal i can import
> services from filesever by doing:
> import -a servername '#s' /username/tmp
> but i can't see /srv/spy, i see all other things but not the last
> created.

namespaces are not lexically bound.  i think you'll
find that srvfs is in a namespace that can't see the result
of the import.  if instead you do the import before the
srvfs, i think you'll see the expected result.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] exporting namespace
@ 2008-11-10 10:00 ` lupin636
From: lupin636 @ 2008-11-10 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On 3 Nov, 14:04, quans...@quanstro.net (erik quanstrom) wrote:
> > m trying to export a namespace from my file server (that is a
> > namespace's bootes) to my terminal (logging as a client), i tried to
> > do:
> > servname% exportfs -a -r /tmp �(from file server)
> > but i have this error:
> > exportfs: auth_proxy: auth_proxy write fd: inappropriate use of fd
> > before doing this, i opened the listeners by doing:
> > aux/listen tcp
>
> why not use cpu to do this?
>
> > Furthermore,from fileserver, i tried to export a namespace by doing:
> > srvfs -d spy /tmp
> > so it display the issue only on it; �from terminal i can import
> > services from filesever by doing:
> > import -a servername '#s' /username/tmp
> > but i can't see /srv/spy, i see all other things but not the last
> > created.
>
> namespaces are not lexically bound. �i think you'll
> find that srvfs is in a namespace that can't see the result
> of the import. �if instead you do the import before the
> srvfs, i think you'll see the expected result.
>
> - erik

Thanks a lot Eric for your response...
I did it as you said and the result was what i expected..
Now i have other problems with connections from terminal to diskless
cpuserver, but i already started a new post, so maybe we'll see
there...thanks

Armando