* [9fans] importing mailboxes
@ 2008-12-29 17:50 john
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: john @ 2008-12-29 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

This may be a solved problem, but forgive me if I don't choose
to spend hours searching around while stuck on dialup.

Anyway, my problem is this. I am away from my server, about 2,000
miles away to be exact. Right now, I am using cpu and mail(1)
to read my email, but I'd rather use acme Mail. Running a
remote acme is out of the question due to the connection, so
my question is: how can I get my mailbox bound/mounted locally
so I can access it with acme running on my terminal?

Thanks

John Floren

* Re: [9fans] importing mailboxes
@ 2008-12-29 18:06 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2008-12-29 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

import -E ssl $server /n/$server && bind /n/server/mail/box/$user /mail/box

- erik

* Re: [9fans] importing mailboxes
@ 2008-12-29 18:23 ` Gabriel Diaz Lopez de la Llave
From: Gabriel Diaz Lopez de la Llave @ 2008-12-29 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello

I used to do

import mailgateway /mail/box/$user /mail/box/$user
upas/fs
acme

Or something simmilar

Slds.

Gabi

@ 2008-12-29 23:35 ` Akshat Kumar
From: Akshat Kumar @ 2008-12-29 23:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Anyway, my problem is this. I am away from my server, about 2,000
> miles away to be exact. Right now, I am using cpu and mail(1)
> to read my email, but I'd rather use acme Mail.

Within Acme, you can run a 'Local import ...' and/or 'Local bind ...'
-- depending upon your import/bind situation -- such that the imported
and/or bound are available to the whole Acme instance.  Afterwards,
'Mail ...' will function properly on your local Acme instance.

> John Floren

Regards
ak