From: tlaronde@polynum.com
To: 9fans <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: kerTeX and LaTeX update
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2020 15:51:43 +0100	[thread overview]

Hello,

The last weeks have been fairly busy in order to release a new version
of kerTeX and of the packages (because of the latest release of LaTeX).

There is a new site (I have not redirected for now; I want to make a
couple of additions in the following days to the new site) but it is
online:

http://kertex.kergis.com/

I have tested today that the release works on 9front. It should work
with legacy Plan9 or whatever variation since the main unfelicities I
had were with hget(1) being an rc script under 9front---and problems
once more with regexp because of the caret that has to be escaped on
plan9 even if it is not the first char of the regexp (it seems to not
be "today" POSIX).

As explained on the site, I have made so that the packaging system,
evolving more frequently than the core, can be updated without
recompiling everything.

I expect this release and the whole packages updated to the 26, 27 or 28
october 2020 version on CTAN to be stable enough so that I can dedicate
my time to adding primitives to e-TeX for reasons explained on the (new)
site.

Note: get_mk_install.rc now, at the end, proposes to download all the
"recipes" (a recipe is a chunk of code to build and install packages).
When getting from the KerGIS.com server, hget(1) once failed and
succeeded after when invoked again. I don't know if this was a
temporary problem on my 9front node or if connecting very rapidly to
the KerGIS.com http server causes a refusal on its side. If it
fails, it is harmless: just rerun, later, the recipe:

. which_kertex
$KERTEX_SHELL $KERTEX_LIBDIR/pkg/rcp/rcp@pkg.sh install

Best,
                     http://www.kergis.com/