* [9fans] 9legacy venti-p9p, etc
@ 2021-06-26 19:47 adr via 9fans
From: adr via 9fans @ 2021-06-26 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

venti-9p9, fossil-libventi, fossil-libventi-p9p, anyone with some
experience with this? It's worthy?

Thanks,
adr.

* Re: [9fans] 9legacy venti-p9p, etc
@ 2021-06-26 22:04 ` David du Colombier
From: David du Colombier @ 2021-06-26 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> venti-9p9, fossil-libventi, fossil-libventi-p9p, anyone with some
> experience with this? It's worthy?

I highly recommend the fossil-libventi patch. The purpose
of this change is to get rid of the old liboventi and use
the new libventi and libthread. liboventi can be removed
after this patch.

On the other side, the venti-p9p patch includes more experimental
changes, like the support of blocks larger than 56 KB. I wouldn't
recommend this patch.

--
David du Colombier

* Re: [9fans] 9legacy venti-p9p, etc
@ 2021-06-26 23:40   ` adr via 9fans
From: adr via 9fans @ 2021-06-26 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Sun, Jun 27, 2021 at 12:04:09AM +0200, David du Colombier wrote:
> > venti-9p9, fossil-libventi, fossil-libventi-p9p, anyone with some
> > experience with this? It's worthy?
>
> I highly recommend the fossil-libventi patch. The purpose
> of this change is to get rid of the old liboventi and use
> the new libventi and libthread. liboventi can be removed
> after this patch.
>
> On the other side, the venti-p9p patch includes more experimental
> changes, like the support of blocks larger than 56 KB. I wouldn't
> recommend this patch.
>
> --
> David du Colombier

Thanks.