From: "Brian L. Stuart" <blstuart@bellsouth.net>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>,
	G B <g_patrickb@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [9fans] Inferno on Plan9
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2017 19:11:22 +0000	[thread overview]

On Fri, 12/29/17, G B <g_patrickb@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I used Inferno from bitbucket.org but wasn't able to build
> on FreeBSD 11.x/amd64 so I just reverted back to FreeBSD
> 9.3/i386.  But I may try to build using 11.1/i386 with
> gcc.  I'll have to use KVM on OpenIndiana to try it
> though since I don't have a spare physical machine at
> the moment.

Don't go to any trouble on my account.  I'm at the same point
I usually am when getting ready to teach my winter term OS
course.  I've got it built, but without the X11 support on my
FreeBSD machine.  It does build and run on our Linux cluster
with the X11 support though, so I can at least demonstrate
it to the students there.

And for the record, the fix to the missing FPxxx constants
was to copy over the defines from the MacOSX version of
the lib9.h file.

I had given some thought to adding amd64 support in at
least the hosted versions, but as usual the round tuits have
been in short supply.

BLS