From: Mat Kovach <mek@well.com>
To: 9fans <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] plan9port on osx
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2019 06:19:23 -0800 (PST)	[thread overview]

----- Original Message -----

I use plan9port on MacOS at work daily (acme is my IDE).  I have a use a
Logitech trackball, which has three buttons. I'm not sure where my magic
mouse landed after I though it.

; man 1 acme

``Simulated buttons
          For systems without a three-button mouse, the keyboard modi-
          fier keys can be used to modify the effect of the main mouse
          button.  On Unix systems, the Control key changes the main
          button to button 2, and the Alt key changes it to button 3.
          On Mac systems, the Option key changes the main button to
          button 2, and the Command key changes it to button 3.
          Pressing the key after the button is held down adds the but-
          ton to form a chord, so that for example on Macs selecting
          text with the trackpad button and then typing Option without
          letting go of the button will cause a 1-2 chord, cutting the
          selection.  On Mac systems, the usual keyboard shortcuts
          Command-C, -V, -X, and -Z invoke copy, paste, cut, and undo,
          and Command-Shift-Z invokes redo, as in other programs.
          Especially on Mac laptops, these keyboard shortcuts are typ-
          ically much less awkward than the equivalent chords.
''

Should be helpful. I use that quite a bit, simply because using the
additional buttons seems to be along with the rest of the MacOS apps I have to use.

Mat