From: Ben Huntsman <BHuntsman@mail2.cu-portland.edu>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: Re: [9fans] nubus macs
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 00:59:06 -0700	[thread overview]

Apple tends to do things strangely, and the PPC laptop you describe,
happens to be an Old World system, which means that if it even has
OpenFirmware at all, it's the old buggy version 2 or less.  Just
because some Linux variant boots on the thing doesn't mean P9 will
run on it.  For starters, you'd have to write a boot loader specific
to it pretty much from scratch.
Have a look at Vita Nuova's Inferno distribution, which might have
some examples of how to boot from OF on PPC hardware... and Inferno
and P9 are sufficiently similar that you shouldn't have to shoehorn
too much...

Good luck, and let me know if you get anywhere... I have a bunch of
similar Old World mac hardware sitting around too

-Ben