From: "Russ Cox" <rsc@plan9.bell-labs.com>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] boot halts after "version..."
Date: Fri,  3 May 2002 11:41:42 -0400	[thread overview]

> after fiddling with plan9.ini my pc (boot and kfs off local drive)
> now pauses after kfs... version...
>
> if i press del it continues to time... but otherwise hangs for
> at least several minutes.

what if you type "criswell" instead?

i don't see why del should do anything -- del is only special
to rio.  as far as the kernel is concerned, del is just another
keystroke at the point you're at.

it could be that we've screwed up scheduling and typing
generates interrupts which keep the system going, but i don't
really think that's true.  can you type ^t ^t p without
making it continue?  if so, it'd be nice to know what the
kfs lines look like.

russ