after watching andrey run plan9 in parallels and seeing the drawterm windows on x11, i'd have agreed with you, but i must say it feels a lot less bad when the "parasite" is full-screen and the "host" programs like firefox are in a smaller rio window that you can kill or hide at will. the firefox i'm writing this in is running full-screen (f11) on a 1000 by 1000 pixel vnc session and the illusion of having it native is pretty damn good (for me anyway) at least until my drawterm hack crashes and i start shouting untranslatable words (i hope it's better now that i realized drawterm didn't have reentrant memimagedraw) On 12/12/06, David Leimbach wrote: > > > I can't deny the utility of having Firefox (I'm writing this in a > > Firefox window), but even if Plan 9 could run Firefox, the next > > thing would be oh but it needs to be able to run these ten > > plugins, and so on and so on. Personally, I think you are going > > to be much happier running Plan 9 in some VM environment on > > Linux or Windows than putting in the effort for the other way around. > > > > And a lot of times, at the end of the day, I feel that as a result of > wanting to run Plan 9 in a VM environment, even in Parallels, makes me > sad, and I'd almost rather use Inferno :-) > > > > Russ > > >