Hi Mats, I posted it before; unfortunately the archive doesn't save the attached files. Here is the original post: http://9fans.net/archive/2014/08/78. Please see the attachment for the script. Cheers, Dante On 18.11.2014 22:28, Mats Olsson wrote: > Hi dante! > > I would appreciate it a lot if you could send the "clone script" that > you used to clone the 9pi imate to a larger SD card. Thanks > beforehand! > > Kind Regards, > Mats > > 2014-11-18 21:29 GMT+01:00, Richard Miller <9fans@hamnavoe.com>: >>> If you must use a rpi, you should strive to use it as a terminal, and >>> like every other Plan 9 terminal it should use the central file >>> server >>> without local storage. >> >> That would be my advice too. As an experiment, I set up a 9picpu >> using >> the SD card as local storage, working mostly as a secondary smtp and >> imap >> server. After a bit less than a year, the SD card suffered a >> catastrophic >> failure. When I say catastrophic, I mean I can't find any meaningful >> data >> anywhere in the first 120MB or so of /dev/sdM0/data ... just >> not-quite-random >> looking garbage. >> >> I can't think of any software fault that could wipe out so much of a >> disk, with no respect for partition boundaries (the dos partition in >> the first 64MB had not been mounted). But I also know too little >> about >> the internals of SD cards to understand how they fail. Maybe some >> internal logical-to-physical block mapping table went bad? >> >> Anyway, it's just one anecdotal data point, but I wouldn't be happy >> running any plan 9 machine with an SD card as the main filesystem. >> >> >>