Honestly, I've also been scared to use replica/pull. ☺ So, I setup a terminal with local HDD, and it does only replica/pull from sources.plan9.bell-labs.com. And then, I also do replica/pull from that local machine to our file server... In this case, I can re- examine with enough time to see what is different! I just read Russ's Tra page, however, it seems to me not so easy to grasp at a glance. I'm now suffering from discripancy between new control(2) library and our applications written by Yoshitatsu. Most of the problem is comming from his confusion of channel usage(☺), however, I have to rewrite them before the start of next semester... Kenji