From: erik quanstrom <quanstro@quanstro.net>
To: 9fans@9fans.net
Subject: Re: [9fans] 9n
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 15:48:34 -0400	[thread overview]

> now we know why this society may exist after all... those who do
> something actually get pissed on. why bother even telling the masses
> when they know what to expect in return.

why bother?  because the whining is not important to me, but
plan 9 is.  so there can be some trollish commentary.  i can't think
of any group with more than a trivial number of folks, where
everyone was equally pleasant, all the time.

as a general rule, we do not know everone's constraints, of time
legal agreement, one's personal feelings about what is worthy
to be released, etc.  so it can be presumptious to say
one simply lacks "spine" for not releasing code.

i do understand the frustration.   there are things i would
like to have access to.  but when i balance this with the idea
that there may be good reasons why it is impossible, and the
idea that other folks are independent agents, who owe me
nothing, i realize i can't reasonably complain.

- erik