On Nov 1, 2011, at 14:15 , smiley@icebubble.org wrote: > Anthony Sorace writes: > >> I use venti. On servers, I use /n/sources/contrib/anothy/bin/rc/vacbak from cron >> and have the system submit the score to my plan9 server. I tried using vbackup >> first, but there's a huge volume of stuff on these systems I don't need to have >> backups of (and couldn't figure out how to access the results from plan9). vacme >> should be suitable for any unix host with p9p installed (with path changes for >> your local setup). > > Does anyone have a link for that "vacme"? It isn't listed in the lsr on > sources, and the Internet doesn't seem to know anything about it. :( Sorry, that "vacme" should read "vacbak", which is at the path specified. I have a similar command called vacme (actually "vacme.command", IIRC, to get Finder to make it clickable) I've used for one-off backups, but I don't believe I've ever stuck that up anywhere and don't have it handy. If you're interested in something more for ad hoc backups than recurring ones, I can dig it up and stick it on sources, likely tonight.