* [9fans] isa pnp
@ 2005-11-02  7:37 Sergey Reva
From: Sergey Reva @ 2005-11-02  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello Fans,

I have ISA soundcard ESS1868F, how can I configure port on it, as I
understand /dev/pnp still not ready for that...

Sergey
--
http://rs-rlab.narod.ru                          mailto:rs_rlab@mail.ru

* Re: [9fans] isa pnp
@ 2005-11-02 15:32 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2005-11-02 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergey Reva, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> I have ISA soundcard ESS1868F, how can I configure port on it, as I
> understand /dev/pnp still not ready for that...

I don't think you can, short of editing the driver.

I don't understand what it would mean to configure
the port anyway -- don't you need to know the port the
card wants to use in order to talk to it in the first place?
If you just want to tell Plan 9 the port, you can put port=
on the audio line in plan9.ini.

The ISA SoundBlaster AWE32 was PNP and devaudio
sets the irq and dma there without the help of devpnp.
(You just write to the register you'd usually read on the card.)
Perhaps you can do the same.

Russ