* [9fans] Drawterm on F-Droid
@ 2022-10-01  6:37 sirjofri
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: sirjofri @ 2022-10-01  6:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello all,

I'm happy to inform you that Drawterm (Android) is now listed on the official F-Droid android store.

This means, automatically built updates, and you can get the latest version without building yourself or asking for an apk, plus one single signed certificate.

Get it now: https://f-droid.org/de/packages/org.echoline.drawterm/

Have fun

sirjofri

PS: I'm currently working on an improved version with some more stable app structure which should give us a few features and allow us to fix a few very annoying bugs.

* Re: [9fans] Drawterm on F-Droid
@ 2022-10-01 10:55 ` mkf9
From: mkf9 @ 2022-10-01 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Yay. :D

Oct 1, 2022 10:09:47 sirjofri <sirjofri+ml-9fans@sirjofri.de>:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm happy to inform you that Drawterm (Android) is now listed on the
> official F-Droid android store.
>
> This means, automatically built updates, and you can get the latest
> version without building yourself or asking for an apk, plus one single
> signed certificate.
>
> Get it now: https://f-droid.org/de/packages/org.echoline.drawterm/
>
> Have fun
>
> sirjofri
>
> PS: I'm currently working on an improved version with some more stable
> app structure which should give us a few features and allow us to fix a
> few very annoying bugs.

* Re: [9fans] Drawterm on F-Droid
@ 2022-10-02 18:26 ` ori
From: ori @ 2022-10-02 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Quoth sirjofri <sirjofri+ml-9fans@sirjofri.de>:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm happy to inform you that Drawterm (Android) is now listed on the official F-Droid android store.
>
> This means, automatically built updates, and you can get the latest version without building yourself or asking for an apk, plus one single signed certificate.
>
> Get it now: https://f-droid.org/de/packages/org.echoline.drawterm/
>
> Have fun
>
> sirjofri
>
> PS: I'm currently working on an improved version with some more stable app structure which should give us a few features and allow us to fix a few very annoying bugs.

very nice -- is there a plan to merge this with the
drawterm on git.9front.org at some point?

* Re: [9fans] Drawterm on F-Droid
@ 2022-10-02 20:02   ` sirjofri
From: sirjofri @ 2022-10-02 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

02.10.2022 20:26:54 ori@eigenstate.org:
> very nice -- is there a plan to merge this with the
> drawterm on git.9front.org at some point?

Most things are from echoline's repo (on shithub) which should theoretically be mostly in sync already, but I heard some files were missing, for example the icons.

When I get a stable version with my changes I'd also notice you so you can integrate it.

sirjofri

* Re: [9fans] Drawterm on F-Droid
@ 2022-12-08  1:18 ` kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2022-12-08  1:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm writing this mail on a android Sony SO-41B(version 12).
it's hard to do this...

Why this  does not recognize physical mouse/keyboad?

@ 2022-12-09  2:21   ` kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2022-12-09  2:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Quoth kokamoto@hera.eonet.ne.jp:
> Why this  does not recognize physical mouse/keyboad?

This may be confusing.

I installed this drawterm onto another PC android 10 machine, where
I see mouse/keyboard icons in the top of the darwterm image.
However, I cannot select any of them by mouse (the PC has not
touch panel)

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] Drawterm on F-Droid
@ 2022-12-09  7:05     ` sirjofri
From: sirjofri @ 2022-12-09  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Good morning,

iirc, hardware keyboard should work out of the box. But I only was able to test it with my Bluetooth keyboard on a quite modern device, so it is possible that you have issues under certain circumstances.

Regarding mouse, the app only provides some basic mouse usage. You have to activate mouse mode in the app using the last checkbox (which basically means, ignore all other checkboxes and use mouse input). Furthermore, you can only click (mmb, rmb, lmb), but no chording. Again, I was only able to test it on my devices with a standard USB mouse via OTG.

Patches are welcome!

sirjofri

* Re: [9fans] Drawterm on F-Droid
@ 2022-12-10  1:13       ` kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2022-12-10  1:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Thank you very much for your kind reply.
I'm using wireless keyboard/mouse, which is working well for the
android 10 itself.

> Regarding mouse, the app only provides some basic mouse usage. You have to activate mouse mode in the app using the last checkbox (which basically means, ignore all other checkboxes and use mouse input).

I don't see any of this kind of checkbox.
I only see 'add server' button.

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] Drawterm on F-Droid
@ 2022-12-10  9:24         ` sirjofri
From: sirjofri @ 2022-12-10  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

10.12.2022 02:14:33 kokamoto@hera.eonet.ne.jp:

> I don't see any of this kind of checkbox.
> I only see 'add server' button.

Oh, I see.

The checkbox should be on top of the connection window/viewport next to the kb button, but in this version it's not there yet. I have it in a separate repo, but I can try to merge that change to the fdroid repo asap. (Asap means, as soon as I have time).

Sorry.

sirjofri

* Re: [9fans] Drawterm on F-Droid
@ 2022-12-15  3:07   ` kokamoto
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: kokamoto @ 2022-12-15  3:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Im writing this mail on BlissOS14(android 11)on acme, too.
Yes, I can use physical keyboard/mouse here, howevewr the screen is drawing
90 degrees rotate left.

On another BlissOS 15(android 12), drawterm crashes at the beginning.
Hmm, very ....

Kenji

@ 2022-12-15  3:26     ` Kenji Okamoto
From: Kenji Okamoto @ 2022-12-15  3:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Now I'm on a linux drawterm, (much confortable :-)).

On the BlissOS14(android 11), the drawterm screen is much larger than
that on Android 10.

It is very much I like for acme screen.

On Android 10, drawterm screen is very small (like smartfon), which
disables to show the game of

mahjongg.

Kenji

On 2022/12/15 12:07, kokamoto@hera.eonet.ne.jp wrote:
> Im writing this mail on BlissOS14(android 11)on acme, too.
> Yes, I can use physical keyboard/mouse here, howevewr the screen is drawing
> 90 degrees rotate left.
>
> On another BlissOS 15(android 12), drawterm crashes at the beginning.
> Hmm, very ....
>
> Kenji

* Re: [9fans] Drawterm on F-Droid
@ 2022-12-15  8:24       ` sirjofri
From: sirjofri @ 2022-12-15  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,

yes, drawterm basically always crashes when I try to connect. Then, after a few attempts, it finally works. It is very annoying and I want to fix it as soon as I restructured the architecture for the future plans (maybe that fixes the crashes automatically).

Rotating the screen works fine in most cases, at least on my devices.

Getting rid of the kb button and the checkboxes is planned for the future as soon as keyboard and mouse support works stable. Maybe even with a full fullscreen mode.

sirjofri

* Re: [9fans] Drawterm on F-Droid
@ 2022-12-16  3:45     ` kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2022-12-16  3:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Im writing this mail on BlissOS-14.3(FOSS) using acme.
As I wrote the drawterm screen is rotated 90 degrees left, and
I cannot make it right rotate.
One more thig, the physical mouse pointing poit is a bit shift to right(down).
One more, the physical mouse does not recongnize middle/right button,
only left one.

Kenji

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 11521 bytes --]

From: kokamoto@hera.eonet.ne.jp
To: 9fans@9fans.net
Subject: Re: [9fans] Drawterm on F-Droid
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 12:07:17 +0900

@ 2022-12-22  1:37     ` kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2022-12-22  1:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> On another BlissOS 15(android 12), drawterm crashes at the beginning.
> Hmm, very ....

I'm trying to this again.
I compiled drawterm-fdroid by the Make.android.config as:
SDKPREFIX=/home/okamoto/Android/Sdk
JAVA_HOME=/usr
BUILDTOOLS=30.0.2
PLATFORM=21
NDKPREFIX=/home/okamoto/Android/Sdk/ndk/25.1.8937393/toolchains/llvm/prebuilt/linux-x86_64/bin
~

and got drawterm.apk drawterm-unsigned.apk etc successfully.

I tryed to install those onto Android12 PC machine(Blissos 15), and got:
<<<for drawterm.apk>>>
adb install drawterm.apk
Performing Streamed Install
adb: failed to install drawterm.apk: Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INVALID_APK: Scanning Failed.: Package /data/app/~~NFLd-f6pqvIYChr8tac-TA==/org.echoline.drawterm-Po8k-b3wqCVb8Hr7AquS0A==/base.apk code is missing]

<<<for drawterm-unsigned.apk>>>
okamoto@saturn:~/src/drawterm-fdroid$ adb install drawterm-unsigned.apk
Performing Streamed Install
adb: failed to install drawterm-unsigned.apk: Failure [INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES: Failed collecting certificates for /data/app/vmdl1159481301.tmp/base.apk: Failed to collect certificates from /data/app/vmdl1159481301.tmp/base.apk: Attempt to get length of null array]

I'm not familiar with android...
If someone can explain the meaning of above error messages...(Maybe I'm writung wrong place...).

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] Drawterm on F-Droid
@ 2022-12-23  5:09       ` kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2022-12-23  5:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>> On another BlissOS 15(android 12), drawterm crashes at the beginning.

Now, I changed to BlissOS14.3[FOSS]...
Hmm, this time the drawterm image appears as landscape mode, which
I desired.

Ok, the remaining problem is the down shift of mouse point.

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] Drawterm on F-Droid
@ 2022-12-23 10:17         ` sirjofri
From: sirjofri @ 2022-12-23 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

23.12.2022 06:10:07 kokamoto@hera.eonet.ne.jp:

> Ok, the remaining problem is the down shift of mouse point.

The mouse offset is a really annoying problem. I hope that it just disappears after restructuring the app, otherwise I hope to be able to fix it after that. Also I plan to create a fullscreen mode for keyboard and mouse setups.

Native landscape mode is something I already tested and should work quite well if it's in.

sirjofri

* Re: [9fans] Drawterm on F-Droid
@ 2022-12-24  4:24           ` kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2022-12-24  4:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Native landscape mode is something I already tested and should work quite well if it's in.

It works sometime, and not sometime...

I'm now writing this mail by the drawterm on BlissOS-14.3(emu).
Yes, I changed it from FOSS to EMU.
FOSS has no merit for me, where setting Japanese keyboad is not easy.

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] Drawterm on F-Droid
@ 2022-12-24  7:24             ` kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2022-12-24  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I'm now writing this mail by the drawterm on BlissOS-14.3(emu).
> Yes, I changed it from FOSS to EMU.

I also tried PromeOS-2.1.3-64-bit-20220719-BETA(Android 11), which
works partially.
It means it displays drawterm image as portrate, which means too short
of width range.   I cannot play games/mahjongg...

So, the behaviers depend on the kind of Android vendor, even though
the same Android 11.

Kenji

PS: I'm writing this on the drawterm of BlissOS14.3

* Re: [9fans] Drawterm on F-Droid
@ 2022-12-26  5:10               ` kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2022-12-26  5:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

PrimeOS does not open sources (Just I don't know?), so to make it more
search is not possible.

Android 11 based OS could be possible to use physical keyboard/mouse.
Android 10 based may not, and Android 12 based crashes.

Kenji

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 11004 bytes --]

From: kokamoto@hera.eonet.ne.jp
To: 9fans@9fans.net
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 16:24:00 +0900

@ 2022-12-26  5:14                 ` kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2022-12-26  5:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Oh, I forgot to write that this mail was written on the drawterm of
PrimeOS-2.1.3.

Kenji

> PrimeOS does not open sources (Just I don't know?), so to make it more
> search is not possible.
>
> Android 11 based OS could be possible to use physical keyboard/mouse.
> Android 10 based may not, and Android 12 based crashes.
>
> Kenji

* Re: [9fans] Drawterm on F-Droid
@ 2022-12-27  4:43                   ` kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2022-12-27  4:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Oh, I forgot to write that this mail was written on the drawterm of
> PrimeOS-2.1.3.

This is the most stable and easy to use android on x86_64
device among those Android 11 variant of my use.
The problem is portrait only image of the drawterm.

If you'd have a time to restructure it, I'd be happier
you could check it.

Kenji