From: cam@9.SQUiSH.org
To: 9fans@9fans.net
Subject: Re: [9fans] Many bugs in eqn(1)
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 03:30:37 -0700	[thread overview]

sorry, i am unable to help with this specific problem.  i only
use the ms macros and use tex for anything more.

however, just fyi:

> Further there is a licencing issue on (I think) Lucida fonts
> (which can be only used on p9 but not on p9p),

the license for the lucida* fonts prohibits the creation
of derivative fonts.  redistribution is only allowed with
plan9, which is as specific as the license gets.  other
forks of plan9 still include them.  the license is at:

/lib/font/bit/lucida/NOTICE

> some of it, however, was replaced by another set.

the vera bitstream fonts.  you can download the set
that has been converted to plan9's font format here:

http://www.bx.psu.edu/~schwartz/vera.tar.bz2

> I believe that majority of font problems would now be solved
> differently; note that heirloom troff (contrary to groff) can
> read opentype.

there is also ttf2subf which will convert true-type fonts
to the plan9 format.

/n/sources/contrib/quanstro/ttf2subf

if you are using plan9port on a mac, the p9p font server will
let you use your mac fonts as well.