OK, teste on some other machines. both CDs booted like vmWare did :( so, it's my ide controler for sure. Is there any purpose in trying booting with a floppy to see that the next stage in the boot will reconize it? -----Original Message----- From: Gabriel Cosentino de Barros To: '9fans@cse.psu.edu ' Sent: 5/12/2004 17:14 Subject: RE: [9fans] plan9 instalation CD Yes that seems to be the case since it only gives me floppy. But they're IDE0:0 and IDE:1:0. that is, each on one cable, but on the same controler (onboard KX133 chipset) the board i'm using: http://www.k7v.com/ i'm off to test on other machines. Is there any documented way to install plan9 or inferno using only floppies or something like OpenBSD ftp install? Thanks -----Original Message----- From: andrey mirtchovski To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu Sent: 5/12/2004 16:48 Subject: Re: [9fans] plan9 instalation CD the loader (9load) can't seem to find both the hard drive and the CDROM (IDE, right?). are they on the same cable by any chance? andrey