But still, with this: >if i could rip the display and keyboard out of an inexpensive laptop >and put it in a very thin case, i'd be satisfied. If you're going to rip apart an inexpensive laptop to utilise the display & keyboard, to attatch it to an inexpensive server... wouldn't it be easier to start with an inexpensive laptop. I presume that we're not setting this up for great lengths of time at any given location. Since AMD laptops can be had (relatively) cheap, I think it would be easier to use than all the work that he was thinking (especially given the connections that most laptops use for lcd...). On 3/20/06, Ronald G Minnich wrote: > > LiteStar numnums wrote: > > With everything that you're going through, wouldn't it be enough to > > simply buy a laptop? > > The amd rumba is small, has enet, runs off 5V. We're going development > here on them. They're quite nice. > > ron > -- Nietzsche's first step is to accept what he knows. Atheism for him goes without saying and is "contructive and radical". Nietzsche's supreme vocation, so he says, is to provoke a kind of crisis and a final decision about the problem of atheism. The world continues on its course at random and there is nothing final about it. Thus God is useless, since He wants nothing in particular. If he wanted something -- and here we recognize the traditional forumlation of the problem of evil -- He would have to assume responsiblity for "a sum total of pain and inconsistency which would debase the entire value of being born." -- Albert Camus, L'Homme révolté