Ah, I took this too far because of the comment about destroy poor, inexpensive laptops. HushPCs, SolarPCs, & the like might be a bit under powered, but definitely worth a look. On 3/20/06, Skip Tavakkolian <9nut@9netics.com> wrote: > > >>if i could rip the display and keyboard out of an inexpensive laptop > >>and put it in a very thin case, i'd be satisfied. > > If you're going to rip apart an inexpensive laptop to utilise the > display & > > keyboard, to attatch it > > to an inexpensive server... wouldn't it be easier to start with an > > inexpensive laptop. I presume that > > we're not setting this up for great lengths of time at any given > location. > > Since AMD laptops can be > > had (relatively) cheap, I think it would be easier to use than all the > work > > that he was thinking > > (especially given the connections that most laptops use for lcd...). > > no, it's the other way round. i want a very small server. it needs > to have the same cpu/storage/memory config as the typical laptop, but > doesn't need the display or the keyboard. it would be sufficiently > small to have a black box the size of a laptop but smaller thickness > (because no display or keyboard) > > -- Nietzsche's first step is to accept what he knows. Atheism for him goes without saying and is "contructive and radical". Nietzsche's supreme vocation, so he says, is to provoke a kind of crisis and a final decision about the problem of atheism. The world continues on its course at random and there is nothing final about it. Thus God is useless, since He wants nothing in particular. If he wanted something -- and here we recognize the traditional forumlation of the problem of evil -- He would have to assume responsiblity for "a sum total of pain and inconsistency which would debase the entire value of being born." -- Albert Camus, L'Homme révolté