If I remember correctly Linus created Linux because he could not distributed some of the fixes he had made for Minix in a single package. Can someone correct or verify this? On 3/28/06, Sape Mullender wrote: > > >> P.S. This doesn't mean I'll ever *forgive* Andy Tannenbaum for > spurring > >> the creation of Linux. > > This is how myths are born. Andy Tanenbaum (one n) had nothing to do with > Linux. He started Minix. Maybe the existence of Minix played a role in > Linus' > decision to start Linux, maybe not. > > Sape > > -- Nietzsche's first step is to accept what he knows. Atheism for him goes without saying and is "contructive and radical". Nietzsche's supreme vocation, so he says, is to provoke a kind of crisis and a final decision about the problem of atheism. The world continues on its course at random and there is nothing final about it. Thus God is useless, since He wants nothing in particular. If he wanted something -- and here we recognize the traditional forumlation of the problem of evil -- He would have to assume responsiblity for "a sum total of pain and inconsistency which would debase the entire value of being born." -- Albert Camus, L'Homme révolté