These marks are in both of the Bulgarian texts I have, as well as the Russian one. They're extremely useful, esp. for Russian (the harder of the two in my op.). On 5/27/06, Victor Nazarov wrote: > > Dan Cross wrote: > > >On Fri May 19 19:45:43 CDT 2006, rvs@sun.com wrote: > > > > > >> There's no such thing as an accented letter in a Russian language. > >> That was the exact point of my initial remark. > >> > >> > > > >This is true, at least for Cyrillics, but there are stress marks which, > to > >beginners in the language, are invaluable aids for sounding out the > correct > >pronunciation of words. Typically, adult Russian isn't written with the > >accent marks, though. But children's books and textbooks for foreigners > are. > > > > - Dan C. > > > > > Totaly agree with you. I'm a native russian speaker and I saw some books > in russian wich use accents to overcome ambiguity and this usage seems > elegant. But I need to say that accented texts seems very unusual at > first. > -- > Victor Nazarov > > -- Nietzsche's first step is to accept what he knows. Atheism for him goes without saying and is "contructive and radical". Nietzsche's supreme vocation, so he says, is to provoke a kind of crisis and a final decision about the problem of atheism. The world continues on its course at random and there is nothing final about it. Thus God is useless, since He wants nothing in particular. If he wanted something -- and here we recognize the traditional forumlation of the problem of evil -- He would have to assume responsiblity for "a sum total of pain and inconsistency which would debase the entire value of being born." -- Albert Camus, L'Homme révolté