The latest: http://www.h7.dion.ne.jp/~qemu-win/ Works fine with Plan9 (with Fossil + Venti) Cheers, -- LS On 8/8/06, Jack Johnson wrote: > > On 8/8/06, Anssi Porttikivi wrote: > > Has anyone tried running Plan 9 on the Windows version of qemu (which > > is in alpha)? Any tips for making it work? > > Version 0.7.2 works well. You can get it pre-built from the ReactOS Web > site: > > http://www.reactos.org/xhtml/en/download.html > > If you already have the latest version, you can use qemu-img to > generate a disk image to suit. I usually create an empty, compressed > VMware disk image of 20GB that I copy each time I need a disk for some > random OS for either VMware Player or QEMU, as they'll both use the > same disk format, and empty it's just a few KB. > > To install: > > qemu -boot d -cdrom \path\to\plan9.iso -m 128 -L . plan9.vmdk -user-net > > (options are slightly different for version 8, feel free to tune the RAM, > etc.) > > Venti will cause your disk image to grow to nearly actual size, so if > your virtual disk image is smaller than your available space, I would > recommend skipping a local venti. Also, if you plan on moving the > image around, you can get an install in under 400MB pretty easily. > > To boot: > > qemu -boot c -m 128 -L . plan9.vmdk -user-net > > >From there, you'd want to read the standard QEMU guides on networking > and maybe peruse the mailing list archives for insight on Plan 9 and > NAT. > > Good luck! > > -Jack > -- Lead thou me on, O Zeus, and Destiny, To that goal long ago to me assigned. I'll follow and not falter; if my will Prove weak and craven, still I'll follow on. -- Epictetus He who enters his wife's dressing room is a philosopher or a fool. -- Balzac