TEA and XTEA are really, really simple and XTEA is resonably secure. XXTEA & Block TEA have weaknesses, but XTEA should be simple enough & fast enough for an embedded system. Good Luck, -- Sztefan http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XTEA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiny_Encryption_Algorithm On 10/4/06, Steve Simon wrote: > > I ask here as those who read this list have an understanding of the word > simple. > > I am after some very simple public key encryption code which I intend to > use to > encrypt the md5 of a license file on an embedded system - so in needs to > be > really small and simple. > > I am tempeted to use the plan9 RSA code, but is there somthing else even > simpler > about? Perhaps less secure than RSA but stronger than a password embedded > in > the code, XORed with 0xdeadbeef :-) > > Anyone seen anything on the net? > > -Steve > -- If work and leisure are soon to be subordinated to this one utopian principle -- absolute busyness -- then utopia and melancholy will come to coincide: an age without conflict will dawn, perpetually busy -- and without consciousness. -- Günter Grass