On 6/19/07, Skip Tavakkolian <9nut@9netics.com> wrote: > > > > http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=238941&threshold=1&commentsort=0&mode=thread&cid=19566827 > > it's comical that he's posting as anonymous. i think i have > discovered his identity. it was not complicated ;) > > if i'm right, it's another malfunction from hanger 18. > > Odd that. I seem to recall a halfway decent article in SysAdmin about installing & using Plan9 (with kfs) written by a Hangar18 member (is there more than one?). Steve Simon's post further down is significantly more interesting than the normal /. 'lol u iz informanative' drivel. The only things not addressed in his post is the original poster's comments about Rob Pike and the categorizations. The comparisons made, esp. the one about a coop [sic] tenet are odd, considering that the original article was about Plan9 running on Blue Gene. The comments about Rob Pike are even stranger (to me, maybe I'm misinformed); I joined 9fans shortly after having read that SysAdmin article & several other sources. I don't seem to recall anything particularly crazy coming from Pike that would indicate anything the poster takes for granted. Besides, GSoC is open to anyone, not just Googlers' pet projects. Beyond that, Rob Pike's name isn't even on the page anywhere.... Pah, I give up with such crap... ;-) -- "By cosmic rule, as day yields night, so winter summer, war peace, plenty famine. All things change. Air penetrates the lump of myrrh, until the joining bodies die and rise again in smoke called incense." "Men do not know how that which is drawn in different directions harmonises with itself. The harmonious structure of the world depends upon opposite tension like that of the bow and the lyre." "This universe, which is the same for all, has not been made by any god or man, but it always has been, is, and will be an ever-living fire, kindling itself by regular measures and going out by regular measures" -- Heraclitus